Publishing Outdoor Adventures

Publishing Outdoor Adventures

How do you capture edit and begin publishing outdoor adventures? Things are changing so quickly that I often lock into a ‘mobile publishing solution’ on one day and abandon the idea the next day. I’m certain that I want to be capturing media and publishing to my site, maybe write a book, and/or create a film. How will I capture, store, and power the assets while on the road? How will you be publishing outdoor adventures?


I’m not flying in the wind on this subject. I have done this before. At least I have tried to do it. I met with some success and a great amount of failure. I have a positive mindset and some ‘working knowledge’ this time around. I know exactly what I failed to consider last time. Publishing outdoor adventures is combination of your publishing device, power, connectivity, capture, software, media storage and how you manage them together.

I also work in media for a large publishing company. I spend 70% of my working hours connected to some sort of screen developing, designing, and publishing media. The other 30% is spent refining production flow so that less technical co-workers can publish better.

I am an expert in mobile digital publishing. I love claiming expert status on my own blog on the internets.

There are a number of ways to look at this opportunity/problem and a little part of me gets pulled in each direction. I’m going to use this post to work some of the issues out and define what makes my publishing kit.

My goal is to be the exact opposite of Mr. Steve Roberts and his $1.2 million BEHEMOTH. No disrespect intended here as this guy is pretty much a hero to me. Steve would later develop a Kayak and a Sailboat.

Issues when publishing outdoor adventures and how they relate to one another:

Publishing – iOS vs. Android mobile publishing

Publishing Outdoor Adventures

Power – Charging Electronics Off The Grid

Publishing Outdoor Adventures

Connectivity – Connectivity Off The Grid

Publishing Outdoor Adventures

Capture – Bicycle Touring Camera Selection

Publishing Outdoor Adventures

Storage – Backup Media Off The Grid

Publishing Outdoor Adventures