I give you the Kamp-Rite Midget Bushtrekka Bicycle Camper Trailer with Oversize Tent Cot complete in its lunacy and available for purchase at Amazon.com. This is the worst bicycle touring product ever conceived because of its weight, complexity, and inability to solve any problems.
Oddly enough 4 people decided to pull the trigger on this purchase and record a review. It has a rating of the 889,317 most popular product in Amazon’s Sports & Outdoors category.
It’s a tank. It even looks like a tank. I got to drive a tank when I was in the Army. It was remarkably nimble. I do not think the comparison reaches that level.
Reasons why this is the worst bicycle touring product Ever
- It Weighs either 68 or 55 pounds based on the specifications versus the user comments. Best case scenario: do you really need an extra 55 pounds to replace that 4 pound tent?
- It adds 4 wheels to the mix. This is 300% more wheels than necessary to successfully bicycle tour. Imagine waking up and fixing a possible 6 flats. Imagine servicing the bearings.
- Out of the 4 people who commented on their purchase 50% complained of delivery issues.
- It weighs over 50 pounds and you tow it using your bicycle. I wouldn’t suggest an extra 50 pounds to people on motorcycles. Sorry…needed to get that out again.
- Out of the 4 people who commented 50% complained about wheel build quality.
- The photo alone is absurd.
- At $848.99 you end up spending more than any 1 person tent you can find on the market.
- There is absolutely no Stealth Camping opportunities with this product.
- Imagine riding with this baby behind you up a long hill with a narrow shoulder.
- Imagine riding with this baby behind you down a steep hill with a narrow shoulder.
Review excerpts of the worst bicycle touring product ever
The bushings holding the axles for the wheel assemblies broke, completely failed WARNING!! DO NOT BUY!! DEFECTIVE PRODUCT!!
I love the look and concept, too bad it’s got a fatal flaw. Doesn’t use gas, self-contained, seems like you could hook it to most any bike, seems to tow good, shame about the wheel bushings. Keep me in mind when you get your design flaws out-of-the-way.
This Product is VERY poorly Designed, And I am very disappointed in the Workmanship.
I have a hard time believing this actually made it to a purchasable product. I am familiar with a line of cots this company makes and they look to be reasonable and effective. You have to wonder about the process in place that brought this from concept to marketplace and how many actual adventurers work at this company.